Wednesday, September 23, 2009

The “Won” World Order

Exciting day here in New York with Lady M! But before all that, check Mo out as she makes her entrance to the One World Order (OWO) gathering:

un redIt used to be that you would really stand out in red, but at the UN it’s sort of the new official color, so it probably didn’t pack the same punch it once did. But stunning, never-the-less.

But back to the reason for the gathering. First Big Guy made one of his signature USA Apologia speeches. The crowd was mesmerized. It’s not everyday, after all, that the leader of the world’s greatest power relinquishes the throne to a batch of nations that collectively couldn’t win the Amazing Race – or any other reality show come to think of it. But I guess it’s just their turn to take a spin at running the world. They seem to be doing a much better job of it than we are, per BO. I don’t honestly know, but I can tell you that I’ve had small hairline lesions on my peripheral lenses ever since we got back from our trip to Africa. I’m sure it’s nothing.

Then of course there was Muammar Gaddafi's conspiracy theory speech which only lasted 100 minutes. He could have gone on for ever. Here he is taking a little break before telling the crowd that he hoped 'Obama stayed president of America forever.'Gaddafi2 That was before he said he has evidence that the Jews assassinated JFK. Boy, is Oliver Stone going to be ticked off when he hears that.

Then, a break for lunch.

Later this afternoon, everyone’s favorite Middle Eastern dictator, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, will be taking to the floor to call America the Great Satan again. Apparently he wasn’t paying attention during Big Guy’s speech. We passed that title on.

But seriously, how many times can you watch the Exorcist? For Canada, I guess the answer is once less than everyone else.

Our friends to the North have heard enough from Iranian “president” Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, thanks to his Holocaust-denying rants and virulent anti-Semitism. Canada plans to protest his presence today at the United Nations, with their entire delegation walking out of the chamber when Ahmadinejad takes the podium.

Maybe it’s just me, but I think I remember a time when Big Guy’s rant against America – if delivered by a foreign leader – would have been grounds for the American delegation walking out. Or perhaps I just have the vapors – from all the excitement. I guess it really is time for me to go back to NASA for a checkup. I think my D-drives need a little boost.